Last Updated: September 14, 2022.
With recent changes to restrictions on businesses, we have made some important updates to our operating policies.
1. WE TRIAGE CASES BASED ON SEVERITY
We do not book appointments. The most critical patients are seen first. To view our Triage Protocol, click here.
2. SAFETY MEASURES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
- At this time, clients are allowed in the clinic if an exam room is available. Please call 905.576.3031 upon your arrival for further instructions from our team.
- Our RVTs will call you on the phone number you provided to obtain a history of your pet’s health if an exam room is unavailable. Due to the high demand of emergency care, long wait times are expected. Should we be experiencing long wait times we will house your pet within the clinic (no boarding fee) while you can wait in the comfort of your home.
- You may see some pets enter the clinic who arrive after you. Please know that we triage based on severity to ensure that pets that need life-saving care are assessed as soon as possible.
- Masks are optional for healthy individuals. We continue to monitor the COVID situation and this policy is fluid. Please note if masks are required we will post this on our door.
- Exam rooms are cleaned thoroughly between client visits.
- Continue the use of credit cards as the preferred payment method.
3. OPERATING HOURS
We are OPEN with the following hours:
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 pm – 8:00 am
Saturday & Sunday: Open 24 Hours*
*Open continually between 7 pm on Friday to 8 am on Monday
Thank you for your patience and understanding and we look forward to seeing you and your furry family members again!
– Your dedicated team at Animal Emergency Clinic of Durham Region